SEE VIDEOS OF OUR WORK
7 habbits of efficient interior designer
1. Find inspiration and be passionate. A designer needs inspiration and he / she has to find it every day. It can be made when you study the works of art or other designers' portfolio you admire.
2. Work hard. Successful designers are those people who work harder and harder day by day. Success is not a matter of gift - it is a matter of habbit to work hard.
3. Never stop learning. As Arnold Schwarzenegger said many years ago, "stay hungry", learn many things, find interesting books and video in design and other spheres. By learning about many things designer creates something new and wonderful.
4. Go out of comfort zone. Design is a risk: sometimes you have to break the rules to create something absolutely new. All great designers and architects are rule breakers. Even if you make mistakes, you have to take them as opportunities to do things in new ways.
5. Critique your work. It is necessary to see the truth about any design project. Sometimes it can be perfect, and sometimes it is something in the middle. The truth is just the way to do things better. But you have to be critical only about work - not about yourself. The first is creative, and the second is just demotivating.
6. Know your niche. In marketing it is called SWOT-analysis. You must know your strengths and weaknesses. And your stregths must be the core of your mission and goal. If you are very good in a few design styles, then you must specialize in them. You have to become Number One in one sphere of design - it is impossible to be perfect in everything! Your core values, principles of work and approach must stay the same through you life. That will help you to create your own personal brand in interior design.
7. Become a great communicator. Any work is connected with people. In interior design you have to talk to people and to learn their habbits and skills, and to understand their needs. It can be done through communication, when you ask questions, listen and study their answers. You must stay very interested in other people needs and wants. And you must be sincere with other people: honesty is a key to success! Even mistakes can not spoil relations. You must be open to critique and discussions about design.